Should I see a doctor?

I’m a 13 year old female and whenever I stand up I feel dizzy and feel like my legs are going to buckle underneath me. I can literally have sat on the ground in pe for 2 minutes and when I stand up I have to hold onto one of my friends to support me and keep me upright. It doesn’t happen every time I stand, I can go days without it happening and then some days it’s really bad. I know I’m no dehydrated because I drink several bottles of water a day. I googled the symptoms and it came up with Orthostatic hypotension. I should probably tell my mum but whenever I go to tell her something I get really scared and go a bit “shy” Any doctors want to give me there opinion on what’s wrong with me. Please

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

See your doctor. You might have a condition that's called Labyrinthitis. That's a deep inner ear infection, but it won't cause you to have an ear ache. It's a form of vertigo, and it affects your equilibrium and your sense of balance.

When you stand up after sitting down or lying down, you have to wait a few seconds until you regain your sense of balance, or else you feel as if you're going to fall flat on your face (and you might). Sometimes, looking down and then looking up will make you feel that way.

If your doctor thinks you might have Labyrinthitis, he will prescribe some antibiotic tablets that will cure the inner ear infection.

Bitter tea, fish oil, cucumber. Insya Allah help. Allahu akbar ! Viva Indonesia !

ASAP , get it sorted please

Yes, you should be evaluated by a doctor. Dizziness can come from dehydration, low blood sugar, or low blood pressure to name just a few things. It doesn't mean there is something seriously wrong, but if you feel like you are going to black out you need to get checked out. Just tell your mum that you keep getting dizzy when you stand up.

Yes. Your symptoms could mean any number of things. One possibility is low blood pressure, but there are other possible causes as well. Getting diagnosed early is always better than putting it off.

You sure should see your doctor.