ya asked in SportsOther - Sports · 6 months ago

After being mocked for not being good at my past sport, I get a really upset stomach/want to puke whenever I know I m gonna play sports.Help?

You are being affected by the stress of social pressure. It can be like PTSD.

It can be hard to deal with under your situation. If you like to play sports, it

apparently is going to get in the way. You will have to deal with people criticizing you and it could be out of their own insecurities rather than any inability of yours. However, if you do need to improve, you may be in an environment in which others might think they are "driving you to do your best" but that is not the best method for everyone.

If you don't like to play sports, then maybe it is best to quit than suffer all this anxiety.

Keep a trash bag nearby.

We had a girl like this when I did cheer. One of the assistant coaches stood on the edge of the floor so she could run over and purge when she felt it coming.

Usually when people mock you it's because they are insecure themselves, ignore what they say, defend yourself or just don't let it get to you. Good luck :)

Then don't play it if you're lousy at it.