I was wondering if anyone knows if a cancellation fee can be enforced for a missed first appointment if you’ve not signed an agreement?

I recently had an appointment which I had to reschedule/cancel due to work and I was told I had to pay the full fee for cancelling. I wouldn’t normally just cancel but then their attitude got my back up so I decided not to reschedule the original appointment and go elsewhere. They’re now saying I have to pay the... show more I recently had an appointment which I had to reschedule/cancel due to work and I was told I had to pay the full fee for cancelling. I wouldn’t normally just cancel but then their attitude got my back up so I decided not to reschedule the original appointment and go elsewhere. They’re now saying I have to pay the full fee. Is this enforceable? I have no contract with them and haven’t signed anything. They also didn’t state an actual time scale on their cancellation policy just that there was one for ‘late’ cancellations. They have sent emails and sent a letter to my house and I’m unsure on where I stand on this issue legally. Would/could they try to enforce it somehow?

Thanks :)