If I stop taking the DPO shot due to weight gain will I finally lose the weight?

I started taking the shot about a year ago and loved how easy it was and the fact that I never got a period. A year later I have packed on about 20 pounds. I have always been a very thin person 105-110 and my face, stomach and butt is all bloated looking. No matter the diets or working out I havent been able to... show more I started taking the shot about a year ago and loved how easy it was and the fact that I never got a period. A year later I have packed on about 20 pounds. I have always been a very thin person 105-110 and my face, stomach and butt is all bloated looking. No matter the diets or working out I havent been able to lose a single pound. I will be discontinuing the shot and going back to the pill. Has anyone had experience with this? Did you lose weight a bit more easy after the shot?