Am I being fired?

I met with the hipaa officer a month ago because I booked a patient in another clinic,I also booked appts for my husband. Hipaa found out however I met with them back in May and now have a meeting with them on the 19th (they’ve finished their investigation) at 4 (I get off at 430). I’ve always read that firing people on a Wednesday close to when they get off work is ideal to fire someone. Am I being fired?

This makes no sense what so ever. First how in the hell did HIPPA even get involved over these issues? There must be one hell of a story here you are not telling us for you to meet with HIPPA and get a "ruling" so give!

• bearcher6 months agoReport

Accessing phi apparently is against hipaa violation under did 6025.18

Booking an appointment for your husband is not a HIPAA violation. Neither is booking a patient in another clinic.

What does booking your husband or anybody with another clinic have to do with HIPAA?

• bearcher6 months agoReport

I wasn’t aware we weren’t allowed to access family or our own medical records. Also there are several clinics in this hospital and I’m not assigned to that speciality clinic. I didn’t know I couldn’t do that until afterwards

I am not sure I understand how booking a patient in another clinic or booking an appointment for your husband is a HIPAA violation. But if it is then yes you might be getting fired. I thought HIPAA dealt with keeping patients information private.

• Renee6 months agoReport

Oh I see. Well how did it turn out?

• Jim

Yep, start cleaning out your desk.