Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

atheists & Christians, are you or against chemical castration rapists & child rapist?

@Faithless is Dead · why?, but other why would you be for or against it?

Favorite Answer

I am for rehabilitation as well as for justice. Castration of any kind eliminates the rehabilitation part.

no... there are cases where that would be appropriate.... and... other cases where it would be more appropriate to get physical with the process

Rapists should be locked in a room with twelve rape victims armed with dull knives. If that is not feasible, they should be hanged. If that is not possible, then I suppose chemical or physical castration would do.

I'd prefer they be exected. You cannot reform those animals.

Only the actual guilty, and since I no of none in cases I have seen, I would be hesitant.

• David

I'm against it.

For one, it hasn't been proven to even work.

For two, I think that the only people who should have a say as to what goes into someone's body should be the individual and their doctor, not a judge or politician.

Third, they've already served their time in jail as required by law. Going beyond that seems counter to our justice system.

Fourth, it seems overly barbaric and I don't think that's the way our society needs to be headed.

We already put them on sex offender lists for their entire lives and restrict where they live and work. I think counseling would be more productive, and more civil, than chemical castration.

• Duck

I'm for having them drawn and quartered - you know, where a horse is tied to each of their limbs and the four horses are spurred to run in different directions until their arms and legs are ripped off and they are allowed to bleed out.

I am against it.

I really have no sympathy for child rapist so I really do not care but it does seem rather barbaric of a civilized society.

I would actually favor the rusty knife version

Rape or molestation affects the victim for life, so let the punishment fit the crime