What is the cost of a 2008 Cadillac CTS Engine knock repair?

I am trying to purchase a 2008 Cadillac CTS, when inspecting the vehicle, it has a loud knocking noise, after running for a bit the noise will quiet down, then get loud again, the volume is not consistent. The seller claims a mechanic inspected it and believes it is a collapsed hydraulic lifter that needs to be... show more I am trying to purchase a 2008 Cadillac CTS, when inspecting the vehicle, it has a loud knocking noise, after running for a bit the noise will quiet down, then get loud again, the volume is not consistent. The seller claims a mechanic inspected it and believes it is a collapsed hydraulic lifter that needs to be extracted and replaced. I believe the sound may be a knocked rod and the seller went down to $2800. If I were to get this, what would the cost of the repair be for a lifter repair or a knocked rod? Thanks!