In UK it is illegal to discriminate on grounds of racial or religious background so why is it ok for Sajid Javid to now say his background?

being poor, and having gone to a state school, qualifies him more to be PM than someone who went from a public school background

Favorite Answer

AH but you miss the point, it is compulsory to use race if it gets you ahead. Look at all the quotas that companies have to fill, earlier today the rail unions were bemoaning the fact that only 8% of their drivers are ethnic minorities.

Look at all the positive discrimination to get ethnics into university even if they do not have the grades, or the police/fire service - even if not qualified.

Being an ethnic minority is money in the bank for many.

I would have to agree with James. He had no problem with the notion of depriving the citizenship a young mother in response to Daily Mail-like hysteria, causing the death of her baby boy who was denied medical attention.

I don’t care if he went to public school or private school. What really matters is his policies. Although I do believe that public education funding should be a priority

The British tend to favour the underdog.

Sajid wants to capitalise on that status.

But he blew it as Home Secretary when he stripped a young mother of her British citizenship, in response to right-wing hysteria, and caused the death of her baby boy who was denied medical attention.

A totally unfit Candidate for ANY office, never mind Prime Minister of the UK.

I don't get why a poor person would become a Tory.