Mark asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

I'm 17 male, went to eye doctor and gave me glasses with very strong lenses, will it worsen as I get older?

• Jen
    Favorite Answer

Wearing glasses wont typically improve or decrease your eye condition (since poor eyesight commonly caused by your eye shape causing refraction problems). It could get worse and it can get better. Im a believer in have corrective eye surgery. One of the best decisions of my life. Going from almost blind without glasses to seeing with no glasses has been awesome! (I had it done about 10 years ago)

The answer depends on what your eye problem is. I’m near sighted without corrective lenses, everything more than a few feet away is blurry. From about age 12 to about 45...my vision without corrective lenses very gradually got worse. My eye glasses correct my vision and give me perfect vision. But from age about 45 to my age of 67 now, my eyesight has actually been improving and my lenses becoming less strong.

Your vision problem might be different, I don’t know. You need to ask your vision specialist.

Its hard to say but just wear them all the time and you will be fine!

Depends how often you masturbate weighed against how many carrots you eat. It’s a very complicated formula.

Most peoples eyesight worsens by their 50's. It's just part of getting older. The best thing you can do for yourself is regularly going in for your checkups and wearing uv rated sunglasses outside. If there is anything to worry about your eye doctor will tell you.

Eventually it may get better.