Have you ever taught your pet any tricks? If so, what are they?

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

Only the game of "search and find", where I would hide treats somewhere in a room, then tell them "search and find!", causing them to go running around sniffing everything until they found the treats.

I taught my 1st pet Sammy-Husky dog to respond to the "Shake-Gimme Paw" request. He was my 1st and last dog which i ever had and adored too.

• Dimple

My african grey knew all the colors. She knew shapes. If i asked her to find me a pink ball out of many balls, she would pick up the correct one.

My little poodles were trained as service dogs. If my daughter needs me, they will find me. They sit politely at first, but will growl and start barking if I don t pay attention. They are paper trained and if they go on the papers they come to lick my face and be told they are good dogs. They wake me up at the same time every morning by jumping on the bed and licking me. (takes them about a week to get used to daylight savings time and they don t understand holidays). When we cross the street and there is a red light, they hop on two legs and insist on being carried across the street. And of course if they are in a restaurant they sit quietly and refrain from begging for food, but at home, when they want treats, one stands with her paw on my desk, and growls. She won t give up until I show her my hands and say "no food" She is doing it now because she doesn t believe me.

• Jim2

Just to roll over before my dog gets a treat.

• Kelly

I adopted a shelter dog a lot of people were overlooking and whomever owned him previously, spent a lot of time with him because he's really well trained and knows a lot of tricks. I never figured out why they didn't look for him, he came into the shelter as a stray. I've always assumed maybe his person died or something or he was used to breed but they spent time with him and dumped him when he didn't breed anymore (he wasn't neutered).

He does:

High 5's

Cover your eyes

Go hide

Play dead

Wipes his paws at the door.

My other dog flunked out of training for doing things "his way".

I once taught a bird to fly back to me.

• Joe E

My cat loves to play fetch.

I taught my dog the normal assortment - roll over, 'shake' with both paws and 'speak'.

I taught my two cats to shake paw.