Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Do you find it acceptable when a teacher makes fun of a student for being quiet?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Well, sometimes I think teacher try to teach student how to withstand the mocking. I mean if teacher doesn't then someone will outside school hours then how student gonna learn how to be brave and not feels insulted?

I noticed if you don't learn now then you never gonna learn as you get older.

• 6 months ago

No because if they're just being a bully then tearing down someone's self esteem with subtle jabs and constantly nitpicking at them does take a toll on a person's mental health because they do it in such a way that you constantly are singled out and you get that sense that no matter what you do it's never good enough. Its called covert bullying and unfortunately unhappy adults and ppl of most ages do this when they wanna be mean because they hate their lives, they had a bad day, or they're just plain sick and miserable ppl. If i were you i would tell someone. Don't ever just let it get to where it just eats you up inside because that's the worst don't ever think you're overreacting tell someone before it gets worse another teacher or the principal because that kind of behavior is not only damaging but it's very unprofessional and he knows better so he should do better or she should do better. Good luck and stand up for yourself. However if they are just joking and its bothering you take them aside after class and ask if they're joking or not because with some ppl it can be hard to tell if you don't have the same sense of humor.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, but I also know that some people complain they've been attacked or bullied or "made fun of" when what happened doesn't really meet the definition. You didn't provide any details, so we don't know whether you (or someone you know) really were a victim or are just overly sensitive.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, I certainly do NOT.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

everybody is quiet in certain situations, for instance if a teacher calls a student quiet and then the student pantsed the teacher, then whos the quiet one, now, bitchhh

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

my teacher said i was shy but when she turned to the black board, i gave her the finger

• Wt
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

it depends if the teacher says: oh-- you are soo quiet and stupid.... ..no

but if the teacher says ohh you so quiet-- he just want you to talk more and dont be shy

• Steve
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That’s a loaded question, and it doesn’t belong in the Friends category.

Making fun of students obviously isn’t a teaching objective. Encouraging student participation is, however. Unless the teacher in question is sadistic, his or her goal is not to harm students.

• 6 months ago

No I do not. A teacher should never make fun of a student. And what’s wrong with being quiet anyways?!

• 6 months ago

Yes. If they do they're probably not serious. Your definition of 'fun' depends though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.