Can you have ascites with normal results from a liver function blood test?

I ask this because I notice that it has become difficult for me to lose weight. Yesterday, I counted my calories and greatly decreased my amount (probably less than 1,000 and I weigh 243 lbs). I drank a decent amount of water, but I did work out. Yet some how by this morning, it showed that I had actually gained a... show more I ask this because I notice that it has become difficult for me to lose weight. Yesterday, I counted my calories and greatly decreased my amount (probably less than 1,000 and I weigh 243 lbs). I drank a decent amount of water, but I did work out. Yet some how by this morning, it showed that I had actually gained a pound since yesterday.

I did have a liver function test done a couple of days ago. The results were all in the normal range. If it was ascites, is it possible to still have normal results for a liver function test or would some of the values likely either be elevated or low?

Thank you!