How should I handle this?

So my boyfriend of 6 months, his grandpa just died the other day. He was very close to him and very devastated over the news. I’m trying my best to be here for him and talk to him but he just wants to grieve so I’m trying to give him space. Well around 5 pm yesterday he was busy working on stuff and told me he’ll... show more So my boyfriend of 6 months, his grandpa just died the other day. He was very close to him and very devastated over the news. I’m trying my best to be here for him and talk to him but he just wants to grieve so I’m trying to give him space. Well around 5 pm yesterday he was busy working on stuff and told me he’ll text me later when he’s done working and I said okay. Well around 9 pm I saw a story where he’s messing around and drinking with a friend and he kept going on Instagram and Snapchat but he didn’t text me again for the rest of the night. Well this morning I got a text from him saying he was sorry and he’s just having a really hard time with his grandpa passing so he just tried to sleep it off. Which I know is a complete lie because of the story I saw. I’m not sure how to handle this because he’s going through a lot right now and I don’t want to stress him out even more when I should be here for him during this difficult time and cause a huge scene, but then again he flat out lied to me so what should I do?
3 answers 3