Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Does this indicate cancer?

I’ve been to the doctor and checked out a thyroid lump, pea size, not visible. Took a blood test and it came back like this:

TSH is high. 5.1

Calcium is a bit higher than it should be.

Vitamin D is below average.

I have a ultrasound apppintment next week. Does the blood test indicate cancer?

Get the scan and stop obsessing until then. Nothing in those results indicate cancer but that is only part of the testing process. There are a myriad of possibilities before you jump to the cancer diagnosis so again stop obsessing.

72 now and over the years I have fought and won against breast cancer and also the biggy to fight Pancreatic Cancer stage 3 and here I am typing away cancer free. Honestly I have learned that even a cancer diagnosis is NOT instant death or even any death.

STOP obsessing.

Cancer often has no specific symptoms, so it is important that people limit their risk factors and undergo appropriate cancer screening. Most cancer screening is specific to certain age groups and your primary care doctor will know what screening to perform depending on your age.

Do you want to be buried or cremated?

No. It suggests endocrine problems, possibly.

No. It indicates you need imaging to find out if t here is a problem.

• Pippin

No, it does not. It indicates a problem with thyroid function. Nobody here can diagnose you further.