"on" implys what in the two sentence?? "on" means "in the process" always?

1.I study hard on my empty stomach.

2.the money is found on her.

1. this guy forgot having meal or he didn't

have his/her meal purposely??

2. the girl was looking for the money or she found it incidentally?

Update:

1. this guy forgot having meal or he/she didn't

have his/her meal purposely??

Update 2:

I study hard on an empty stomach=>i study hard when i have an empty stomach???

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

1.I study hard on my empty stomach.

That is not good English. Try; "I study hard on an empty stomach"

Here the word 'on' means 'when I have an'.

'this guy forgot having meal or he didn't have his/her meal purposely?' Neither, we cannot know from this sentence whether it was intentional.

2.the money is found on her.

Here the word 'on' means 'in her physical possession'.

'the girl was looking for the money or she found it incidentally'? Neither, the sentence implies that she was searched and the money found.

Your questions were written by a non English speaker.

Source(s): I'm English
    • on in this context means 'with'. You cannot read any more meaning into it than that. We do not know whether he also studies when he is not hungry.

• Roger
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

1 implies that for the speaker eating and satisfaction are antithetical to studying; to be on edge physically helps the speaker concentrate mentally. 2 implies that someone is looking for money and finds that "the girl" has it; we don't know the gender of the person looking because the sentence does not say and the verb is in the passive voice.

• 6 months ago

Empty stomach: There is nothing in the sentence that can tell us whether the person had deliberately missed a meal or not.

Money: Some money was missing. The girl was searched, and the money was found 'on her' which means hidden in her clothes or on her body.

The sentences as written are not at all natural.

• RP
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

1. Maybe "I" studied before eating; 2. The money was on her person (body) somewhere or she was in possession of it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.