Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

I was gone all weekend, what do I do if people are mad I did not return their Facebook messages?

Favorite Answer

What if they're not mad? Far more likely!

What if they didn't even notice?

Nobody needs to be a prisoner to Facebook or ANY kind of social media. If people need to contact you desperately urgently they can pick up their phones and CALL you.

I don't answer FB in the evenings or at the weekends. That's MY time. If people don't like it, too effin' bad for them!

Tell them to get over it you have a life outside fb

uhhh-tell them to get a life...?

People who get mad over FB messages not being answered aren't worth bothering with.

You cannot control or change other people, and you are not responsible for how someone may choose to respond/react. If people choose to be angry at you for a non-response on Facebook, this is not your issue.

i wouldnt worry about it, you have every right to take off for the wknd,

• audrey

The world does not revolve around facebook.they will all live through it!

• Cogito

If anyone is 'mad' at you for not replying immediately, they're not real friends.

It's just social media - no-one is obliged to reply straight away!

It's just Facebook, you can't be online all the time, they'll understand. They'd have contacted you by other means had it been an emergency.