Am I just butt hurt, or was he actually racist? I'm so mad! but nobody else seems to be offended!?

I am studying history in university, today during a class about the founding fathers, we talked about Hamilton's childhood and were reading and discussing an article written in 1901 in search of his family. The article actually uses the actual n-word. It mentioned a rumor that Hamilton was partly black, and it... show more I am studying history in university, today during a class about the founding fathers, we talked about Hamilton's childhood and were reading and discussing an article written in 1901 in search of his family.
The article actually uses the actual n-word. It mentioned a rumor that Hamilton was partly black, and it describes it as a horror to imagine one of the founding fathers having "N-word blood" and therefore bad instincts for anything other than service. The effing article goes on to say that the writer has no problem with colored people, but it's important to understand that all people of color are nothing more than slaves.
My professor read that article and he actually laughed. He did not defend people of color, and when I argued with him , he said that slavery is a part of the old world, and we need to get over it-
I am the only colored student in the class, and the others were just taking notes and didnt seem too bothered with the text. I am not black, but I am a proud colored woman.
He should have edited that effing article! he should have changed the wording of it!
I am so so angry!
what do you think?