Hey does anyone know how do i remove a scratch i made on the headlight lense because i used scotch brite to clean it. Instead of a cloth?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • don r
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Smooth it with extra fine steel wool then polish it with Brasso Metal Polish. That's what I do. A little elbow grease and the lense comes clear as water.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Too late!

The scratch is deep and permanent.

Buy a NEW headlight to get a clear lens.

• 6 months ago

any quality headlight refinishing kit that requires sanding to fix

• 6 months ago

thebax2006 is right. Alternatively, and after the 1000 grit wet sandpaper, I would use wet 2000 grit, rinse, then polish the surface with "Turtle Wax" liquid. It has a very mild abrasive and will bring the lens to a glass-smooth new-looking finish.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Use 600 grit wet/dry sand paper and use a plant sprayer bottle to keep the lens wet while sanding by hand. Then use 1000 grit. Clean the lens with rubbing alcohol. Then spray the lens with clear lacquer. Using UV resistant clear lacquer is best. if you use regular clear lacquer it will only last a yer before yellowing.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Brilliant - practicing for the Darwin Award?

• 6 months ago

Easier and quicker to replace the lens.

• JetDoc
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

You can't buy JUST the lens for MOST cars. You have to replace the entire assembly, and depending on the car, a new headlight lens assembly can cost several hundred dollars.

• 6 months ago

Depending on the severity of the scratch, it MAY be possible to repair it using a headlight restoration kit available in most stores.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Easy to remove scratches, replace the lens with a new one.

• JetDoc
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

You can't buy JUST the lens for MOST cars. You have to replace the entire assembly, and depending on the car, a new headlight lens assembly can cost several hundred dollars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.