Amy asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

I have an outdoor kitty who is going to get neutered in a weeks time. I need to find an EXTRA large litter tray for him as he is a big cat.?

• J C
    Favorite Answer

You have a few options. One is go onto chewy.com or amazon.com. They both have very large boxes, with higher sides, that may suit you. I got two really big ones from amazon. The dimensions are listed with each box. Another option is to go to someplace like home depot or Lowes, they sell big black tubs used for mixing small amounts of cement. Also a Rubbermaid under-the-bed tote, put the lid under the box. With a big boy you don't want any type of covered or top-entry box, as he won't fit comfortably and may not use it.

get one of those big Rubbermaid (or generic) totes and cut a hole in the short end--make the hole high enough to not let too much litter out--but not too high so the cat can't get in comfortably....

If he's going back outside when he's healed, just go to the dollar store and get a couple of throw away turkey cooking trays.

• Ocimom

We use the larger plastic storage containers as litter boxes. Our cats are medium size (males) and our female is smaller - none of them have a problem using the bigger storage containers. In fact, they refuse to use the smaller regular litter pans.

Think outside the box... Literally... Stop looking for litter pans and look at other containers

Things that could be used as a litter tray... Kiddie pool, Rubbermaid totes, roasting pans, snow saucers,etc

• PAMELA

If he is an outdoor cat why do you need a litter tray?

• Amy6 months agoReport

After surgery you must keep the cat indoors for a week or so, so that they heal properly.

The fact that your pet is going to be neutered does not magically turn him into an indoor cat.

He will continue as he is.

If he has been trained to do his business outside there is no reason for that to change.

If he does do some of his toilet indoors then I must assume you already have an adequate litter tray.

• Amy6 months agoReport

He is indoor/ outdoor but does all his toiling in one corner of my yard. He is litter trained, but as he doesn't toilet inside we threw away his litter box.

• mokrie

check out Chewy.com and they have 2 day shipping if your order cat food too so it's meets the minimum for free shipping.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me where to get a large litter tray as regular sized ones are way to tiny for my big boy.

• Ocimom

See my answer below - go to Walmart, Target, etc. and get the larger storage containers and use them.