Should you tell the contractor how much money you got on an insurance check?

My home got storm damage. I submitted a claim. I had a family member tell me that she had a contractor come out. She said she told them how much money she got from the storm, and they told her that they could get her way more. I have never filled a claim before. So this is my first time. But i would think that the... show more My home got storm damage. I submitted a claim. I had a family member tell me that she had a contractor come out. She said she told them how much money she got from the storm, and they told her that they could get her way more. I have never filled a claim before. So this is my first time. But i would think that the amount that you got from your insurance company is none of the repair persons business. The insurance company also have me a list of repairs needed. It also has prices price amounts the insurance company gave me for each repair. Does anyone agree it is not their business of what amount my insurance company gave me? They only need to quote me a price that they are going to charge. Also, since all the breakdown of repairs are on the same sheet with the prices, how would you go about showing the repairs needed? Would you write out over them, or just make a long detailed list for the contractor. The list is kinda lengthy and detailed.