Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 6 months ago

My husband insists on dressing our child in girly clothes even when she doesn't like it and won't listen to me what should i do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Marla
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You should discuss the reasons why you want certain item or another.

The trend of letting kids choose is fairly new and of uncertain effect. Kids do need some guidance, so if you have a girl, there is nothing wrong with your husband wanting her to be dressed as a girl.

Would you dress a boy in girl's clothes? The same notion applies.

• 6 months ago

Truthfully, my husband does the same with our daughter when picking out clothes for her. Dresses are not practical for toddlers! I would try to push small changes, like not all girly colors or no sparkles or ruffles. Keep pushing the small changes until your daughter can feel comfortable.

• 6 months ago

Try rephrasing your question to the truth. For example don't you mean "My FATHER insists I dress in girly clothes, even when I don't want to and he won't listen to me. What should I do?

But the answer is the same for both questions. Consider WHY it is important to him.

If you are in fact his wife, which I doubt, it's like any other conflict in marriage. You discuss the issue and work to resolve it, or you make a compromise. If you are the child, as I believe you are, you do what your Dad says until you are no longer a child and ready to take responsibility for yourself moving out on your own.

• 6 months ago

i would keep close watch on a guy that is interested in dressing kids

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Tell your husband that your daughter will grow up resenting him for not giving her freedom.

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Worse yet .....the child might be a boy in this case .

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Speak louder. You are an equal partner so assert this fact.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.