Shall i buy a new 2019 iMac in China?

2 years ago i bought a 27" imac for music production. But soon after, I got a job in China for a 1 year contract. A year after the imacs purchase, I left. Not knowing whether or not I'd want to stay after year and not knowing how to effectively get an imac to China, I left it at home. Now though, I've... show more 2 years ago i bought a 27" imac for music production. But soon after, I got a job in China for a 1 year contract. A year after the imacs purchase, I left. Not knowing whether or not I'd want to stay after year and not knowing how to effectively get an imac to China, I left it at home. Now though, I've got a new job in China and will be staying for at least the next 2 years.

However, I am heading home for the summer and in excitment at being reuninted with my imac and intend to bring it back, i spent a tonne of money on new music software. I failed to realise though, that my imac has a 1TB memory and I never sorted my sample libraries out effectively. The whole thing is a mess and I virtually have no memory left to store the new sotware. With the whole issue of China, i sort of feel like buying a new one over here and starting again. But then the money i spent on the iMac I've only effectively used for 1 year just feels wasted... I feel like i have a few of opions available to me.

1) Back up my iMac, reset it to factory settings, buy an external HDD/SDD for my music sample libraries and start over. Pack it up tightly in a hard suitcase and hope it survives the flight back to China.

2) Same as above, but get it professionaly shipped by fedex or something. (costs about 1/3rd of the entire machine)

3) Buy a swanky new 2019 imac in China and sell the one I have in UK. There are potential issues with that option though like financing as a foreigner.
0