Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

What other countries, other than the U.S., is it very common to serve kids a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

None. Only Americans would do this.

• 6 months ago

None that I am familiar with. Western Europe sends kids to school with Nutella (hazelnut spread) sandwiches.

• 6 months ago

Occasionally in GB, although peanut butter alone is more common, the US style sandwich is regarded as a minority, if not eccentric taste. BTW, what you call jelly is called jam here, and jelly normally means what you call jello [although it is also used to mean clear jam, that is a jam made from fruit juice rather than from whole fruit]

• denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Canada, although the UK are adopting a lot of USA's foods / meals.

I live in the UK and I make 'biscuits' with buttermilk and serve them with Stew or Casserole, plus my son likes a PB+J sandwich now & then.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We were in Florence having breakfast and there was a German family at the next table. Nice people and I DID notice that dad was at least 400 pounds, not that it matters. He had some jam and I noticed he ate it out of the jar with a spoon. I guess our Italian people know of peanut butter but when they want such a thing they reach for the Nutella.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is common in Canada

• Cara
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Once people in the UK recognise that "jelly" is used in the sense of jam, or, for example, redcurrant jelly as we serve it with lamb, they sometimes try it, but not often again. Jelly here usually means what I think you in the US call jello.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

no other countries as that is an american term

peanut past is the name of the spread and jelly is geletine and is eraten as a desert

who but americans puts peanut paste and jelly ( gelotine) togeather on bread

• 6 months ago

Not sure actually but I would say it is an American thing

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Canada is the only one I can think of.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.