Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 year ago

Is my boy friend right in his attitude at a restaurant?

He always avoids having a bigger woman/man being his waiter, ie walks out of the restaurant if the waitress is a big woman, or sits where a slimmer waiter serves. He said its because he doesn't trust a bigger one to not "sample" the food before it comes out to him. He said there is less chance a slim one would. Is he paranoid, a whacko, or is this normal? My parents never did this. (He also said he saw this on an Eminem video with a large woman eating onion rings being served).

Update:

Tip: watch that video I talked about and see the woman eat the onion ring, you will never want to eat onion rings around a big lady again.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Your boyfriend is both paranoid AND a whacko! He's certainly not "normal".

Doesn't he realize that a waiter or waitress (regardless of their "size") in a busy restaurant doesn't have the time or the inclination to be eating something off a customer's plate? They're too busy waiting on all the other tables in their station, and delivering food to all those other tables. Your boyfriend's table isn't the ONLY table the waiter or waitress has to deal with.

Whatever you or he saw on an Eminem video was probably fake.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Your boyfriend is wrong. I hope he's changed for the better since you asked this question.

• 1 year ago

No. That is just dumb. Size does not matter. I've actually heard skinny people who have worked as waiters admit to sneaking food off of the customers' plates before serving them.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I'm thick now, but back in my slimmer days, I used to eat fries off of customer's plates all the time before I served them. Your boyfriend is a whacko.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

He's paranoid, he's rude and this is not normal behavior.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

He's an idiot, a nasty piece of work and if you stay with him he'll start on you.

• 1 year ago

Only your boyfriend can tell you why he holds this attitude so why not ask him for clarification. so you can better understand his perspective? You may not agree with his reasoning, but at least if you get clarity, you can then decide how best to process this for you.

• Toby1 year agoReport

Didn't she just explain his reasoning in the post? Did you read it or not? Only you can know why you didn't bother to read she said " the fat waitress samples his food".

• 1 year ago

Not sure if you're trolling or not.

If not, you should dump this moron right away.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

he sounds paranoid to rne

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

He's nuts. And he's a jerk. Find someone better. They say that you can tell what a person is truly like by the way they treat people like wait staff. He's shown that he's not worth anyone's time or energy.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

He assumes, falsely, that all obese people are obese as a result of gluttony and lack of self-control. His attitude is unreasonable, though you've probably figured that out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.