Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 6 months ago

My self harm scar won t heel...Why?

So I ve cut myself a few months ago maybe four or five months ago to be exact....and we ll I ve been trying to cover it up with petroleum jelly vaseline and I don t know if that helps it turn back to normal or what....but will my skin turn back to normal or will it stay there forever? :"( I ve cut before but they usually disappear because it wasn t that deep enough.Did I do it cut too deep where the skin tissue won t turn back anymore? What do I need to use to help heal it 😭pls help me :(

If there is any misspelled or weird words that make no sense it s my terrible keyboard :( I need to get a new one soon 😅

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I use a cream called e-45 but honestly I have had self injury scars for YEARS and one day they just go... so you can't really say for certian if it's there forever.

If its a red mark, use creams and lotions, also remember fluid counts, drink more water it will help your skin and in turn the scar.

If it's a white/silver mark. Unfortunately they can remain for longer, and this is usually the last healing stage. They can fade with time and care.

If it is a indentation, for lack of better word. I have a few of these from more severe scars, then yes unfortunately they may not heal further. If the skin has returned to its normal colour but you have a indention where you cut it may have finished healing. I have too many to count, like this on my wrist which were from 2014. I did get a tattoo which covered a few of them, which is an option.

Lastly, I have had many people in my life since and nobody has referenced the scars or noticed them. I always pull my hand away and panic someone will see them but nobody ever notices it's me who is aware of them.

Give it time 5 months isn't five years... I think up to a year is still good time for it to be healing.

Hope this helps.

Lastly, I'm 25 and I still struggle with self injury. It isn't something that goes away and the urges will always be there. I hope you're okay, and I hope that you are able to fight future urges and find alternative outlets.

• 6 months ago

Try your stomach instead

• 6 months ago

Because it is damage from an injury. Quit doing it.

• 6 months ago

Scars dont heal cuz they are already healed......... just an fyi

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

They have pads and creams at the drug store to help reduce scars

I used them on a very large a thick surgical scar. They reduced it a lot it is still visible but mine was much more intense then a self harm scar so I'd give them a try. Just ask the pharmacist where they are they should be able to help you

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They NEVER go away. I have operation scars from 40 years ago. Vaseline won't help, nothing will. It is there for life.

• 6 months ago

It will diminish over time but may never be gone completely, or maybe it will eventually go away. Petroleum jelly won't help, just live with it. Think up a good excuse if anyone ever asks - they may not believe it but stick to it and to hell with them.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

you shouldn't have done it

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Honestly have no idea.... But from what i have heard self harm marks dont go away

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.