[QUESTION TO HOMEBUILDERS] How / if should I Pretreat this outdoor surface for housepaint?

I am re-painting a house that was built in 1970. <-This exterior was poorly-managed during the house (now) 49 year long life. I am re-coating the 4 inch thick exterior wall partitions with (the expected) latex housepaint. After scraping this peeling housepaint from the cement ^ partition around this house and... show more I am re-painting a house that was built in 1970. <-This exterior was poorly-managed during the house (now) 49 year long life.
I am re-coating the 4 inch thick exterior wall partitions with (the expected) latex housepaint. After scraping this peeling housepaint from the cement ^ partition around this house and washing-off the ^ old scraped (oil based? / or latex?) housepaint, how wet / damp should I keep the exterior surface for my fresh latex topcoat?
/ Or - should I aim to coat onto a totally DRY surface (again with latex paint)?