Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting ยท 6 months ago

Is it unethical to buy stocks student loan companies?

I never went to college I am a welder ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿญ at a shipyard. Anyways I make a very good living doing what I do. Anyways I want to buy some stocks and I really really hate these so called college graduates with their basket weaving and dance studies degrees. If I buy stocks in sallie Mae and other various loan companies will I make my money back years down the road if I hold on to these stocks. I just feel like I would have power over these college grads who look down on trades

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

unethical? Depends on how you look at it. I sometimes wonder the same thing. I personally dont think so. I owned stock in a cigarette company at one time and profited. The way I looked at it was people are going to smoke and drink no matter what I do.

• 6 months ago

As a College Graduate I can say I never look down on trades people, especially when I desperately need a plumber or an electrician.

• 6 months ago

There is no money to be made back. Sallie Mae, etc.*, lends money and people pay back the loans. There is no tax money involved so there is nothing to make back. And owning stock in companies that lend to students gives you no "power" over them...your stock would be a drop in the bucket and carry absolutely no weight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.