How to share internet connection from desktop PC as wifi for laptop and phone?

In 3 weeks time, I'll be heading overseas to visit family that doesn't have wifi. They do, on the other hand, have a desktop PC connected to landline internet (i guess that's what it's called?) and I need a way to be able to access the internet from my phone and laptop while I'll be staying there. Is there any kind of application or device or what have you that will share the desktop PC's internet as a wifi network? Full disclosure I don't know what the hell I'm doing

Yes it's called a router! You can buy one off of eBay for $50. You plug the ethernet wire into one end of the router you plug the other end from the router into the desktop PC and you follow the directions. Just set up the router and it will send a wireless signal throughout the house.

You could buy a small portable computer router or take one with you. Or you could take your phone and set a hotspot (if you have and iPhone go to setting WiFi, then hotpot and create/ use your hotspot for your computer and others can use your hotspot.) Or go on your windows computer and use "Internet connection sharing".

There's a little used feature of Windows called Internet Connection Sharing. This is how you enable it on the main desktop PC. Look at the comment I posted below, for the link to the article.

• Black6 months agoReport

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/internet-connection-sharing-in-windows-10/f6dcac4b-5203-4c98-8cf2-dcac86d98fb9