If the GOP do decide to nominate someone other than the incumbent next year do you think Trump would run as an independent?

Yes, I know some of you struggle with hypothetical scenarios but I'll give credit if I can see you're trying to wrap your mind around something other than "but...but...that isn't going to happen".

If the GOP do decide to nominate someone other than the incumbent next year, I'd be too busy ducking all the flying pigs to worry about what Trump would do.

That s not going to happen.

Probably because he will win

Really I think Trump is running again because he knows that if he doesn't win the odds are he will spend his golden years at the Crossbar Hilton-Federal Style. That said I don't see him running as an Independent because he would never spend his own money to run, and a lot of major funding sources think he is mentally unstable, which is a very good observation. If the Republicans Dump him, they would have to gain a conscious and people like Lindsey Graham Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan would have to grow a pair, so look for them to run Trump in hopes that he can win and possibly stay out of prison long enough to get through four more years. There will be some very good senate races to watch.

• humpty

He might, if he could find other people to pay for it. This is not going to happen, though, because the Republican base wants a man just like him to revenge themselves on the nation that elected a black man. They want a man who would hire hookers to urinate on a bed Obama slept in because they want him to urinate on the Constitution that allowed it.

• humpty

Projection is a Republican tactic demonstrated here. Pointing our racist behaviours is not race baiting in any mind but the Trump troll's.

Absolutely, he would run.

Maybe not as "Independent": he might claim to be the Republican candidate, calling the official GOP candidate "fake".

But he would not go quietly into retirement.

Fat chance. That's not happening

Dogster: What's too much for me? Your idiotic question claiming that Trump isn't going to win the nomination in 2020? lmao Keep dreaming demtards

Dogster, tell that to the liberaI media! Talk about reading comprehension, yikes!

• Dogstar Ascendant

What's too much for you? Well, initially I was talking about your ability to grasp hypothetical scenarios but now it looks as if I may have expand that to reading comprehension in general.

• Brian

Trump probably would, if that scenario would happen.

That isn't going to happen, not a chance. The RNC and the party as a whole is already fundraising for Trump and no one is seriously challenging Trump.

I don't think Trump would run as an independent if he somehow got ousted. He wouldn't have the funds and the base would fragment, splitting the party's support, and, if that happens, even just a little, the democrats would definitely win the presidential race.

@ Dogstar Ascendant Democrat voters have no more choice about who will be the DNC's nominee than North Koreans had a choice about Kim Jung Un becoming Chairman of the DPRK.

Unlike the DNC, Republican voters actually get to decide who will be the RNC's nominee via the primary process. That was why Trump won the nomination in 2016.