How can I stop my dog from moving his food somewhere else?

My 10 pound Pomeranian constantly takes one pellet at a time from his toy breed sized dog food away form his bowl to eat it somewhere else. It's pretty annoying to keep having to clean up dog food spread around the carpet or to hear him constantly bite into his food. He generally brings it somewhere where he... show more My 10 pound Pomeranian constantly takes one pellet at a time from his toy breed sized dog food away form his bowl to eat it somewhere else. It's pretty annoying to keep having to clean up dog food spread around the carpet or to hear him constantly bite into his food. He generally brings it somewhere where he will be in the way such as the middle of a walkway.

There are no other dogs / cats in the home and he has been doing this since forever. No matter where I place his food bowl he still continues to do this. Is there any way I can have him eat in the same area as his food bowl?