Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Guy says he’s interested in me, but doesn’t really initiate conversations?

I met this guy online and we started messaging. Then he asked for my number, and we started talking that way. He told me that he was interested in me, and wanted to get to know me better, then he asked if I wanted to meet up with him. So, we decided on a movie/dinner date for next week. However, even though he always responds when I text him, I find myself doing all of the “asking questions”. He doesn’t really initiate conversations, other than when he told me he was interested in me. So far, this is the only thing I’m worried about. Am I overthinking?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You're not overthinking this; I think that it's smart to think/notice things about someone when you're first dating them. The details in your question suggest to me that he isn't the most socially savvy guy or he's not that into you, which are obviously really different issues. In the first case, it's not a big deal at all, as long as he opens up and is more good at conversations once he gets to know you a little better. There are many initially shy guys that end up being really great boyfriends. In the second case, only time will tell, and since you haven't dated, it's certainly nothing personal. So I'd basically just wait and see; go on the date with him and take it from there. But yeah I think it's human nature to analyze our potential dates, and kinda see how they stack up!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

There are two possibilities that I can see. One is that he's social awkward, possibly ASD. The other is that his interest in you is only physical so he can't be bothered to try to get to know you as a person. A key indicator of which applies might be the extent to which he listens when you talk about yourself.

• 8 months ago

you need to think it all through and figure out if you like him, you like-like him,. or you like him like more than a friend. Once you know you will totally know what to do...ride or die bytchez

• tony
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

personally even if a guy is shy he will still show some way of interest.he sounds like hes not worth the time of day darlin. find someone more interesting thats willing to actually talk to you..Sorry, I know its not what you want to hear, but move on :If He’s Not Chasing, Why Are You Investing how will u ever know where u 2 stand...Chances are, he feels some level of attraction to you, or enjoys your company, but he doesn’t feel enough interest or urgency to seriously make an effort.

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Your expectations may be unrealistic. Here's some info from a book called You Just Don't Understand about men, women and communication styles.

For many men, communication is hard work. They have to do it at work, but they think when they're in a relationship, they can relax and not work so hard.

When women are asked who their best friend is and why, they'll say so-and-so because they tell each other everything. When men are asked, they cite the person they do things with. In other words, men build relationships by doing things with the person, not by communicating. Most of the married women I know would tell you that they have a hard time getting their husbands to talk to them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.