chances of pregnancy even while on birth control and have pcos?

a week ago i had drunk unprotected sex with my boyfriend, he didn’t use a condom but didn’t finish inside me and idk if i’m stressed but what are the chances? i’m very on point with my birth control pill. please no hate.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You were NOT having "unprotected" sex with your boyfriend - you're taking B/C pills. The pill (by itself) IS your protection against pregnancy. You have a less than 1% chance of getting pregnant if you're taking B/C pills.

You're on the B/C pill and you say you're always "on point" about taking it, so why are you worrying about getting pregnant? The B/C pill prevents pregnancy because it prevents ovulation from ever happening. If you never ovulate, then you can't get pregnant - no matter what. If you don't know how the pill works and if you don't trust it, then why are you bothering to take it?

• 6 months ago

That isn't unprotected sex. Minuscule, if any, chance of pregnancy.

• 6 months ago

How was it unprotected if you're on 'birth control'? Did you not know it's a form of contraception and therefore PROTECTS you?

• 6 months ago

why worry if you are on b-c

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The failure rate for pills, used correctly is less than 1% per year. (And while withdrawal is NOT a method, it would slightly reduce the risk further.)

If sex is making you this anxious, (and you believe that sex on birth control is 'unprotected' perhaps you need to give some thought to whether you are ready to be having it at all.)

• alan P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A lot of people, like you, are afraid that the contraceptive pill is not very effective but if you take it carefully you have a less than 1% chance per year of getting pregnant without pulling out or other protection. If you forget to take it or run out then of course the chance of pregnancy rises. In this case he didn't even ejaculate inside you so your chances of getting pregnant are virtually nil. If you use the word "unprotected" to mean having sex without a condom you are not unprotected against pregnancy because you are on the pill. Condoms do offer some protection against infections which the pill does not. If you normally have sex with a condom while taking the pill carefully your risk of pregnancy is very low indeed. But if you don't use a condom or the condom breaks then you are still protected at a high level even if he fully comes inside you.

• alan P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Taking the pill often reduces the amount of bleeding and this can sometimes fall to zero. The starting time can also shift. It's only Monday now so no need to panic yet. The chances of getting pregnant from what you did are very low even if he fully came inside you. Thats the point of the pill

• LizB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you're taking it correctly when failure risk is pretty darn low.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Birth control pills stop you from ovulating so unless you have missed taking one there is virtually no chance of pregnancy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.