Is Eating and Maintaining All About Numbers?

I generally eat healthy throughout the day with an assortment of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and a few treats here and there (can't help having 2 or 3 of those Kashi Soft Baked Cookies occasionally). I always count my calories, but it gets tedious after a long time. I just want to eat what... show more I generally eat healthy throughout the day with an assortment of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and a few treats here and there (can't help having 2 or 3 of those Kashi Soft Baked Cookies occasionally).

I always count my calories, but it gets tedious after a long time. I just want to eat what I want without constantly counting the calories of each meal and snack.

Do I have to count my calories forever? I usually do a bit of upper/lower body strength training atleast 3 times a week., and I don't enjoy cardio that much.