Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 months ago

Pregnancy symptoms, negative tests?

I had unprotected sex with my fiance on my ovulation day (the 1st) and he ejaculated in me. I took a pregnancy test maybe Wednesday morning and it was negative. I took another last night and it said "Not Pregnant". I took another this morning with my first morning pee and it was negative. I am due to get my period either today or tomorrow, but so far, no signs of it. I've been having uterine cramping (usually I cramp other places, but not yet), lower back pain, headaches, major nausea (no vomiting, though), major fatigue, food cravings and last night, I couldn't stand the smell of chicken alfredo (which is my absolute favorite food). Would I still have such intense food aversions with PMS?

Update:

The issue is that my fiance and I don't live together yet and whenever I am with him, we don't always have sex because he has a low sex drive and isn't always in the mood for sex, so I imagine trying to conceive is going to be difficult.

Update 2:

I know everybody is different, but when my friend was pregnant with her first, she missed her period and took a test the next day and it was positive and then I bought her another test and was in the bathroom with her when she took it (we're comfortable with each other) and a positive came up immediately. I guess I expected something similar.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You need to act like an adult and stop overinterpreting everything. If your period doesn't turn up, test for pregnancy. If it does, then you don't need to.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

There are NO EARLY SYMPTOMS that are exclusive to just pregnancy. If pregnancy hormones aren't strong enough to show up on a test - they are also not strong enough to be causing all those symptoms.

Any change in your hormone balance can trigger symptoms. Other things can trigger some symptoms. (headache, nausea, back pain, and fatigue are also all symptoms of being sick.) When you are having issues with nausea, food aversions can happen just because of the nausea.

How do you track your ovulation day. If you are using an app - that is only an estimate and ovulation might have happened earlier or later than the estimated date the app gives. If you are actively trying to conceive, and you want to use an app to track ovulation, you need to assume that the app is not 100% accurate and be sure to have sex during the time frame that the app shows as "fertile days" as well as trying for the predicted day of ovulation. If you are only having unprotected sex on the day of ovulation, and the app gets it wrong, you could be missing your chance each month. The egg only lives for 12 to 24 hours, so if ovulation was a day or two early, you missed your chance. Be sure to have sex as often as possible for the week before the app predicts ovulation. Sperm can live for up to five days and it will increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Or - you could track nothing and just have sex often.

Even when you have sex on the right day, there is still only about a 20% chance of becoming pregnant. Even when conception happens, sometimes implantation fails.

Give it a few more days and test again if the period doesn't happen. Be sure to follow the test directions.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Always wait until your period is late before you test. Results before then are unreliable because the hormone level being tested isn't high enough yet if you are pregnant. Give it a few more days (just in case you didn't ovulate exactly when you thought) and if your period doesn't come then test again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.