Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 6 months ago

A credit card (Discover) that was discharged in a bankruptcy 15 years ago has been sending me credit card offers for the past 5 years.?

Can they use this as a trick to try to collect the old debt?

Favorite Answer

No, they are just offering you a new start. You can accept or reject it.

many of those credit card applications are computer generated. I have zero credit due to catastrophic illness with my late husband and I get them all the time.

Ignore and move on with your life.

No. This is actually common.. they may let you open a new account if your credit is good again.

• Never

Nobody would do that.

No, but they can use this as a trick to try to get you into new debt.

No friend if it was discharged in bankruptcy they can't offer you a credit card and then put the debt on that credit card.

• Judy

no, that's done, but they might or might not approve you,

Two things, it was included in a bankruptcy and past the SOL. Advertising ploy, all they sent you was a pre-approval letter, and that came from a marketing firm. You will not be approved. You burned em once, you will not get a second chance to do it again

No. They recognize that your situation has changed and are willing to give you a second chance.

They CAN NOT try to reclaim that old debt.

No, they are just a sucky credit card and will extend credit to anyone with a pulse and semi-decent credit today.