Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 6 months ago

will i hear the stereo effect better if i add a second speaker to my stereo system?

one of my speakers blew out last year when i played the music really loud. i didn't even notice it until a friend pointed out that one speaker wasn't working. he said i should replace it so i can hear the stereo better, but i didn't want to spend the money. i think i can hear the stereo just fine the way it is with just one speaker. what should i do?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't get into the bad habit of buying things you don't need. The music sounds fine to you ? Enjoy !!!

• 6 months ago

You will be dead in 50 years.

• 6 months ago

One speaker isn't stereo

• 6 months ago

Stereo requires 2 channels of sound. You are hearing only one channel. If you are happy, then there is no reason to change. Just be prepared for others to point out the deficit. Given what you have shared, you really don't understand or care about good accurate sound reproduction.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Consider using three speakers with Pro Logic II with the proper settings on a home theater receiver.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You won't hear any stereo at all with only one speaker. The stereo effect requires two separate sound sources.

You need to replace the broken speaker with a one that matches the other.

• 6 months ago

Use a matched pair of speakers.

That means the same brand and model.

Don't blast the volume.

• 6 months ago

One speaker cannot give you stereo sound. You need to replace the other speaker.

• 6 months ago

You are likely not listening to stereo sound but probably both channels through one speaker (previously both channels playing through both speakers). If you only had one channel of the stereo (for most music) you would definitely know something was wrong, especially if you are listening to songs that you listened to in stereo before.

I

• 6 months ago

You aren't hearing any stereo at all - it requires 2 speakers. You can't hear stereo with just 1 speaker. If you don't want to buy another speaker, at least convert it to mono so you hear all of the music content. If your system has a mono switch for that then use that, else combine both left and right signals into one signal and listen to that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.