There is this guy at the gym is he interested?

I regularly see him at the gym, for over a year now. He offered to help me before in the past with some workouts. When I run into him, which is often, he always smiles (big smile) at me and makes long eye contact. Of course I smile at him back... but I do not know how much to read into this since we haven't really had a conversation and I don't even know his name. He does wear his headphones so I know that makes it more difficult to talk at the gym. I am really bad at reading people's nonverbal cues and I do worry that perhaps if he was also gay or bi, he might have thought that I was not interested that much since I didn't send strong enough cues? However, His physical appearance is really manly and if he is straight I obviously don't want to create a complicated situation there.

Talk to him, he may be interested.

Did you ever consider introducing yourself to him and starting a conversation? Maybe ask if he wants to grab a snack after you work out. Even if he's straight he could still be a friend of yours

Sounds like he wants to have Gay Butt Sex with you