A asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 6 months ago

16 pin connector in 24 pin slot?

I have a lenovo power supply that has a 16 pin motherboard connector and i juat bpughy a dell motherboard that has 24 slots on main motherboard power connection. Is it at all possible to plug the 16 into the 24 and have everything still work? any help appreciated

Please note that if you plan to buy a Dedicated Video Card, then you will need a new power supply anyway.

I don't see any on amazon so most likely you will need a new power supply to go with that setup. Amazon does sell a 24-pin female to 14-pin male adapters for an aftermarket power supply to a Lenovo board but not the other way around.

• A.J.

Lenovo motherboard is custom 16 pin so they had 16 pin power supplies produced.

The Dell motherboard uses a standard ATX format 24 pin.

You do not state your country for shopping.

You need a new power supply.

I doubt it. very much!!!!

• Bill-M

You need to purchase a new power supply with the 24 pin connector. Otherwise you could damage the Motherboard and CPU.

no you need a new power supply