Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 8 months ago

my iphone 6 wont connect to wifi?

So, for around a month my phone hasn't connected to any wifi but I have unlimited so iv'e been using that. But my wifi works on my laptop, playstation, etc. Iv'e tried resetting my network connections, my phone, etc and I don't know what to do. Is it a problem with my phone or the wifi itself?

Update:

It used to auto connect now it doesn't

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    8 months ago

can you connect to other wifi networks (McDonalds, Coffee Shops, Library)? if only your wifi has the issue, it may be a problem with your router...otherwise, new phone time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Try going into Settings --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings.

Although my 7 was doing the exact same thing and I brought it to an Apple store and they took ti to Settings--> Reset-->Reset All Settings. That finally did the trick. You don't lose stuff like content, files and apps. You do lose things like your home screen and app preferences. It didn't take a lot of time to get back to my normal stuff, but occasionally I still have things pop up that I need to set back. Still - that's better than no wifi.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Try this 1. Turn off Wifi in case it shows its on also Data if on 2. Now turn on Airplane Mode 3. Now turn Wifi on 4. Turn off Airplane Mode and Wifi should stay on

• 8 months ago

Get a smart friend to look at your phone and make the connection for you - and then Autoconnect so that every time you leave the house and come back, it will find you. This is all about your phone, if all other services work. A what friend can fix this, and then show you how.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.