Buying/Used car questions?

have a couple questions related to buying/used cars. 1. is insurance typically cheaper for older cars? say 3+ years older or what actually dictates the price of insurance? 2. what are good car brands and models to buy that are reliable? i can only think of 2 that people say are reliable but i have no knowledge of... show more have a couple questions related to buying/used cars.

1. is insurance typically cheaper for older cars? say 3+ years older or what actually dictates the price of insurance?

2. what are good car brands and models to buy that are reliable? i can only think of 2 that people say are reliable but i have no knowledge of cars in general; honda civics and subaru's

3. for someone who is buying used but whats to keep the car in good running shape for many years to come what mileage should i be looking for? i live in Hawaii so commute for me isn't very far but i will be using this car daily. i was trying to stay away from 100k+ or close to 100k like maybe 60k but i wanted to hear from others and there thoughts on cars with higher mileage.

4. are older cars say from the 90's worth buying versus early 2000 models? i was looking at intergra's from the 90's they look alright imo, fairly cheap but since they are older imo not sure what i should expect when it comes to maintenance.
10 answers 10