Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 6 months ago

Reassuring thoughts?

I’m really anxious about starting college tomorrow. Can anyone give me some reassuring things to think about?

You're just scared of the unknown. Once you are there, there will be so much that you will be glad to know and experience.

Most people there will be in the same boat! Many will have the same anxieties and insecurities and will be thinking about what they look like, how they act, etc. more than they'll be judging you. If you prepare tonight with getting your backpack and clothes ready for tomorrow, you'll have an easier time getting ready and less stress to start the day, so you can keep your cool later. I believe in you!

I found college a lot more fun than high school. Most of the homework is reading (good if you like reading), there isn't as much 'busywork'. You have a lot more control over what you're doing, like you usually pick your own topic for papers you write. Also you'll see that in high school they teach you WHAT to think and in college it's HOW to think. You'll find it either more stimulating and interesting, or more impossible.

You should be looking forward with a sense of adventure. But i'm sure you know that. It's understandable to be anxious at first.

I wish I'd had a laptop in college, to take copious notes. They didn't have them then, but it would be a huge help.

If you do it right, you'l learn things in college that will enhance the whole rest of your life. And a lot of boring stuff too.

It's not that easy to get into college these days as it was in my day. So if you made it in, they must be pretty sure you'll do okay.