Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

Anyone having this weird thing where they're thinking simple raw food snacks make them feel better than when they eat cookies?

And pinto beans feel better to eat than chicken nuggets?

Maybe i just have a sensitive stomach lol. Might start being more-or-less vegetarian.

NO actually I have days like that.I think we should all stop, and look at what we eat then make helthier choices.but you know that's easy to say and hard to do.Food habits are a lifetime thing.

Well of course healthy foods make you feel better than junk food. That's just normal.

I had SO many health problems.

Heart arrhythmia, exhaustion, diarrhea, heartburn, stomach ache, constant flatulence, intolerance to heat (dizzy, faint-headed) ...

Then I started eating properly .. healthy simple foods. No more white flour, sugars, soda pop. Ate vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low-fat dairy, legumes, nuts & seeds, fish, chicken.

OVERNIGHT (well, a couple of days), ALL my health problems went away.

Yes, I would say that eating well makes you feel better.

I would say that chicken nuggets are NOT healthy food ... the meat has been processed usually, but even if it hasn't there is the breading and ALL the fat that the nuggets have absorbed during the frying process. That alone can cause stomach pain, especially if your gall bladder isn't working as well as it should.

Try eating low-fat meats ... not breaded or fried. Chicken without the skin. Fish. Legumes are very good for you ... especially black beans. Legumes are high in fiber. But they don't provide AS much protein as fish/poultry do and are much higher in calories too .... and if you have any problems maintaining your weight, you might find that more of a problem if you eat only vegetarian.

It's not your imagination- sugary carbs can make you feel bloated, if you are sensitive to grain and to sugar. Neither of those things are essential for most people, and for many, you aren't digesting them properly. It can also make you have sugar swings and later on feel sluggish and hungry again.

Eating vegetables and low fat meats is a great idea. Maybe some complex carbohydrates in the form of beans or lentils. Add some Greek yogurt. Maple syrup is fine, too (and is great on the yogurt). Have some nuts too- they contain "good" fats, as well as enzymes that help curb your appetite for snacks. You are correct in thinking that this is making you feel better- because you are eating better, and that makes your body happy.

Raw cookies make my dick hard