Which game for the switch?

Getting the switch finally after a couple of years and wondering which game I should get first

I know at e3 announced there’s going to be a sequel to breath of the wild so I should probably play that first

But like smash

5 Answers

Relevance
  • SIR
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Well a game which I think is a must-play for every Switch owner would be Zelda Breath of the wild (it's the exact same as the wii u version remember). It's an epic open adventure game. It literally won game of the year for 2017. And they're making that sequel. Highly recommended this for everyone who owns a Switch, or Wii U. Definitely make sure you play the original before the sequel comes out.

Mario kart 8 is also a good choice, (again this game isn't exclusive to the Switch, it's also on Wii U). It's mario kart after all, so how can it not be good? What more can I say. The mario kart games rock! Who doesn't love a good bit of Mario kart?

Super Mario Odyssey. This game is exclusive to the Switch. It's the latest game in the series of 3D Mario. The main attraction of this game is carrying a special cap that allows you to warp into enemies. I'm not sure how else to explain this game, but if you like Mario games in general then I'm sure you'll like this one.

Splatoon 2. A sequel to the original Splatoon game on Wii U (yes it's a sequel not a port). It's an online multiplayer based game. You may have heard of Splatoon. Splatoon 2 follows pretty much the same tradition as Splatoon 1, with turf war being the classic way to play. This mode is where you're fighting over what colour to paint the turf. 4 V 4 battles. There is also a competetive side with ranked battles (might make you rage though). And a new mode where you team up with people online to fight AI enemies called salmonids.

This game also has singleplayer but multiplayer is the main attraction.

And of course if you liked other smash bros games, go for smash ultimate

These are just the top games for the Switch right now. Hope this helps you decide what game to get.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Super Mario Maker 2 in 8 days

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Super dragon ball heroes world mission

• 8 months ago

Breath of the Wild has a lot of single player action. Open world exploring and discovery. Plenty of opportunities for sinking hundreds of hours into it to collect all the collectables.

Other games like Mario Kart or Smash is fun for multiplayer and single player, but the gameplay could become similar after a while. But you can play online with friends or strangers!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I don't think that we'll see the BoTW sequel until last least 2021, so there's time.

Most Nintendo-published games are good if you like those games: Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Smash, etc.

Get what you think you'll like and enjoy them :)

Here's a tip if you are ok with digital purchases:

If you get Nintendo Switch Online ($20/year, and you'll want it if you want to play Smash online), then you are able to buy Game Vouchers for $99.99 for a set of 2 until the end of July. They can be redeemed for most Nintendo-published content and will last for a year from date of purchase so you don't have to redeem them both at the time of purchase. Buying two $60 games this way will save you $20.

There also is a Mario Maker 2 bundle for $70 that includes 1 year of online ($60 otherwise) so that's another way to buy a game and get the online service at a discounted price.

While not available to redeem yet, they have announced that both versions of the new Pokémon game out in November, Luigi's Mansion out later this year, and others will be available to redeem via the vouchers.

When announced in May, I had planned on buying 2 sets of vouchers (4 games) and after E3 I've chosen to buy a third set of vouchers before the end of July. It's a good time to own a switch. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.