Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 6 months ago

Do you agree that people who work minimum wage deserve it?

"Of all bachelor’s degree holders who are paid at hourly rates (that is, excluding salaried workers), just 1.9 percent earned at or below the minimum wage." [The Washington Post]. It's their fault for not going to college!

Free -market

Free -trade

All people can quit their job

All people can start their company

LLC (LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)

INC ( CORPORATION )

I have a college degree and I'm unemployed

You are part of everything that's sick and wrong with America.

Shame on those 16 year olds for not getting a college degree.

ETA. My company would pay for work-related classes. That's how I got to be a Systems Analyst making more than our branch managers. My secretary complained that she wasn't being offered opportunities for promotion. She was taking night classes. In ceramics, scrapbooking, knitting... Even when people take the classes, they don't always learn or have the interest or ability to apply what they've learned to the job. Just taking a class won't get you promoted. And not all college is as practical as it seems; my dad's company hired MIT engineering grads who couldn't recognize a light switch.

• Hell no! They deserve MORE.

The minimum wage was instituted to provide a basic income to live on. Currently, thanks to big money bribing politicians, Congress hasn't voted to raise the minimum wage in 20 years. As a result the minimum wage is now a starvation wage; nobody can live on $7.25/hr.

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the minimum wage and what a living wage is:

.

• ?

Everybody who works a full time job deserves to earn enough to live on.

Every penny of it!

... or is it both pennies?

I don't really care actually!

Entry level work isn't going to pay all that well. That's why college students ought to investigate the prevailing wage of their chosen fields and choose fields that comport with their expectations. LOL

• Ray

aww the mighty Revolutionary Warrior got his feelings hurt LOL

• Alex

College is not the only path to financial security. My son became a carpenter. No college, no trade school, and he's starting making more money than most college grads do at the entry level AND...he doesn't have those annoying student loans.