Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

What is the difference between the taste of yellow, orange and red bell peppers, if any?

no difference but they add colour to a meal

Very little, the color is the age of the pepper.

• Dimo

1. The pepper gets a bit sweeter the riper it gets.

2. As you notice by the other answerers, most people cannot taste the difference. I can.

• Clive

None. They're all ripe and turn out to be different colours. The only real difference is with green peppers, which are unripe.

None really. Just buy whichever variety happens to be cheapest in the store, or which looks freshest.

The pepper gets a bit sweeter the riper it gets.

So there is a slight difference in sweetness but using in most recipes you would not tell the difference. The sweetness level would be more apparent if you are eating them raw or raw with a dip.

None. They're riper and sweeter versions of green peppers.

• denise

Not much difference in taste of those 3 colors.

Just the green ones are earthy & bitter.

I've never noticed a difference.

• This blue-faced idiot asker has me blocked, so I can't answer. Pardon me for piggy-backing on yours. All peppers are the same. The colors represent various stages of ripeness. First green, then yellow, then orange, then red. As they get riper they do get sweeter. Red being the sweetest.