How many medical excuses can a school accept for a student?

I am in high school and I am Rank #1 in my class with a 3.9 GPA. One of my fellow classmates would claim that he would be sick most of the time. He normally would only come to school once or twice a week. This information raised some concern with the rest of my class and myself. He had 49 days of absences and... show more I am in high school and I am Rank #1 in my class with a 3.9 GPA. One of my fellow classmates would claim that he would be sick most of the time. He normally would only come to school once or twice a week. This information raised some concern with the rest of my class and myself. He had 49 days of absences and failed his core classes. He doesn t have enough credits to move to the next grade, yet he still was passed. He doesn t have the information that he needs to be able to move on with the rest of the class and keep up with us. When we asked him about this, he told us that the school didn t count all of his medical excuses. That s why im here asking this question now. Is there a limit to how many medical excuses a student can have? And if there isnt, is the school still about to pass him?
2 answers 2