Why do people talk big about college and university so much and give trade schools a bad rep?

I'm going to trade school right now, have multiple certificates in carpentry, plumbing, and electrical, soon to be going to a photovoltaics classes. Trade school is amazing, and trade school is extremely cheap! I already have a job that I am certified for and they are ready to hire me for 20 an hour STARTING... show more I'm going to trade school right now, have multiple certificates in carpentry, plumbing, and electrical, soon to be going to a photovoltaics classes. Trade school is amazing, and trade school is extremely cheap! I already have a job that I am certified for and they are ready to hire me for 20 an hour STARTING and only going up. For some reason when I tell people I go to a trade school they seem confused, wondering why I didn't go to a university? So If trade school is so much faster, cheaper, and (imo) better than a university why does it get such a bad rep? (Btw my job is starting as an apprentice electrician)