Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

I am married for just 3 months. He slapped me today for 10 times. Drunk. I escaped somehow. What should I do?

I am married for just 3 months. I have known this guy and been on a relationship for 5 yrs almost. He drank quite regularly and exessively before marriage and we had very bad fights while drunk. After marriage I had few bad nights with bruises on my body. Next day he appologiesed and said he will only drink socially. His every promise is broken and he drinks everyday almost. Today he was enjoying a match with his friends, after his friends were gone,we had meaningless argue.He started forcing me to do something I didnt . Again his abuses started and it lead him to hit me. He slapped me 10 time( counting) Hit my head on the wall. Pushed me. I was continuously trying to escape but he didnt let me go to the door. Tactically somehow I managed to call my dad and told him to come urgently. He let me go when my father ring the door bell finally.(Luckily he lives near). My head is buzzing and I feel completely lost.

p.s - I didnt know he drank regularly before marriage. And by the way he takes care of me in normal sober time. Talks sweetly and have good moments generally. Like any ******* other marriage.

• B

go to the police, leave dad out of it, file a report and get out/move/as soon as possible.

Run....run....run....run....run....RUNNNNNN!!!

Can you say divorce

• kim

Run. A womens shelter is the right place if you cant go home to parents. I worry that you are blind to the fact that this man is sick. You will be placing yourself in harm to trust him again.

You should divorce him now before you have children. If he is drinking that much, his violence will only get worse. You need to get out of this marriage.

Just because he never hit you during your horrible arguments prior to marriage does not excuse that he has graduated from verbal abuse to physical violence. Sweetie, THIS is how physical abuse begins. It starts with meaningless arguments over seemingly nothing into a shouting match, then it graduates to physical abuse. Typically the abuse would begin with verbal abuse, then pushing you around. But, noooo, this guy jumped from arguing to a full on brawl as he slapped you almost a dozen times, pushed you around and slammed your head into a wall.

If you do not fully believe that you are in an abusive relationship, then you are officially in denial.

What should you do? You have two choices:

1) Stay in denial. Walk on eggshells, just waiting for him to come home drunk again, pick a fight and then perhaps knock your teeth out. Or, maybe wait until your eyes are so bruised that you have to lie to everyone about how clumsy you are. Then beg to keep your job because you missed work while your broken nose heals. Maybe get pregnant and subject an innocent child to watch their mommy getting abused, ruining their psyche for the rest of their lives. Waste another decade with him before you come to your senses until your bruised and battered heart, mind, body and soul is just a shell of a person before you decide to finally leave him, a broken women with effed up children who watched their dad beat their mom.

OR

2) Leave that bastard.

Pick one.

Leave his sorry *** now get out while your alive. Run far away from him now.

report the abuse to the police and file for divorce

• Tara

You need to make a huge decision now.

You need to decide if this is what you want for the rest of your life (or not want) -- and recognize the realization that it will only get worse - and that you could get seriously hurt one day (or worse) .. and he probably will do it to your children, too … this would be your future and your childrens future. Is this what you want ?

Next time call the police instead of Dad.