Would you be annoyed if your spouse just unilaterally started calling your daughter a different name?

Our daughter has her legal name and a nickname we called her from birth. Now all of a sudden, she's being called a third name that isn't even a typical nickname of her real name and our daughter is getting used to it. I never agreed to this and I think it's completely rude to change her name without... show more Our daughter has her legal name and a nickname we called her from birth. Now all of a sudden, she's being called a third name that isn't even a typical nickname of her real name and our daughter is getting used to it. I never agreed to this and I think it's completely rude to change her name without even involving me.

We moved to an area with a lot of Arabs and found out her name was very similar to an Arab name. That is the reason for the change. Personally, I don't care if it is similar to an Arab name.
1 answer 1