Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

is diet coke bad?

i’m planning on starting a diet in summer

and i’m gonna only eat a certain amount of calories

and i’m just wondering if diet coke will make me gain more weight?

should i add it to my diet or not

Horrible!!! Stay away!!! Gives me hives.

There is nothing added to the soda’s nutritional value.

yeah its even worse than regular soda and calories in calories out does work but only to an extent bc your body reacts differently to each kind of food or drink you put in it. Soda and pizza are some of the things that add to belly fat so it doesn't metabolize enough in the body to not be stored as fat. You need balance you need healthy food but also to not exceed your calorie limit in order to lose weight.

• Ann

Diet coke is actually very bad, according to my cardiologist. He said that it has high amounts of sodium and artificial sweeteners, and the caffeine content is high.

If you really enjoy it, have it. It has no calories so it will not impact your weight loss assuming you stick to a calorie deficit. Obviously the sweeteners and additives are not ideal, but having one per day is fine, especially over the short term to make your diet more enjoyable

• Sparky

Diet drinks (most of them) contain aspartame.

It is very bad. Don't drink them.

• Eva

Diet coke is bad for you. The artificial sweeteners are bad, and the coke itself leaches calcium out of your bones. Drink flavored water instead if you can't tolerate plain water.

• kelvin

no you shouldn't and why not try water instead

I make it a habit to stay away from all that jive. When I diet, for beverages I stick with ice water or bottled water and black coffee or blk tea.Once you switch to water only, you won't even want soda

It has no calories or sugar but the artificial sweetener probably isn’t good for you in the long run.